Pribble Farm
 
 
 

The Southern Bound Site: "Princeton is a hot-bed of patriotic enthusiasm and military ardor, which makes me feel like a man without a country." ...... J. Gresham Machen

divider

I'll take my stand

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri

divider

 

Monday, April 25, 2005

Non-Intervention and Its Discontents by Gary North

Anyone whose ideological roots are in the Old Right and who goes into print against the latest military crusade starts getting letters from conservatives. These letters begin with some variation of "if liberals like you . . . ." The critics do not have in mind nineteenth-century liberalism. They assume that anyone who opposes war is a pacifist, and that all pacifists except the Amish are leftists.

Why is this? For that matter, why is it that the outraged letters always come from conservatives? Why don't we get letters from outraged liberals? In all of America's military crusades, liberals in Congress and the White House vote for the war. Usually, the Left initiates this country's entry into war: World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam. Toss in Somalia and the Balkans as side-shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

divider
I'll take my stand

redesign by pactum | group web services