Pribble Farm
 
 
 

The Southern Bound Site: "Princeton is a hot-bed of patriotic enthusiasm and military ardor, which makes me feel like a man without a country." ...... J. Gresham Machen

divider

I'll take my stand

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri

divider

 

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Theology, Not Politics

Just two years ago conservatives were busy scolding the Pope for his refusal to back our invasion of Iraq. One conservative media favorite even made the sickening suggestion that the Pope was the enemy of the United States because he would not support our aggression in the Middle East. The Pontiff would not ignore the inherent contradiction in being pro-life and pro-war, nor distort just war doctrine to endorse attacking a nation that clearly posed no threat to America – and conservatives resented it. September 11th did not change everything, and the Pope understood that killing is still killing. The hypocritical pro-war conservatives lauding him today have very short memories.

by Rep. Ron Paul, MD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

divider
I'll take my stand

redesign by pactum | group web services