Pribble Farm
 
 
 

The Southern Bound Site: "Princeton is a hot-bed of patriotic enthusiasm and military ardor, which makes me feel like a man without a country." ...... J. Gresham Machen

divider

I'll take my stand

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri

divider

 

Monday, February 21, 2005

Once More With Feeling: Translations that won't work

February 21, 2005
Translations that won't work

Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, “The merit legalists sit on Moses' seat, so practice and observe whatever they tell you—but not what they do. For they preach merit legalism, but do not practice it.
Now when Paul perceived that one part were Sadducees and the other merit legalists, he cried out in the council, “Brothers, I am a merit legalist, a son of merit legalist."
If the essential teaching of the Pharisees was works-salvation, or some flavor of semi-pelagianism, then Paul the Apostle could never claim to be such a teacher. (Since the common doctrine of the Pharisees was the resurrection, however, he had no qualms about labeling himself as one.)............


by Pastor Mark Horne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

divider
I'll take my stand

redesign by pactum | group web services